Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Verizon HTC Touch Pro Review - My verdict: Skip it

I just got a Verizon HTC Touch Pro yesterday, and I'm already returning it after attempting to use it for several hours. I was VERY excited about getting this phone, but it's just horrible. Beyond bad. Horrible. Don't get one, and here are some reasons why:

Verizon's version has less memory than other versions of the phone.

I don't know if it's the memory, but this phone is SLOWWWWWWWWW. I've seen video reviews of other versions of it, and it looks absolutely snappy. Verizon's version (maybe because of the memory, but I don't know) is absolutely NOT snappy. That could be the reason they disable TouchFLO3D by default, but even that doesn't help. Doing normal things with the device (close a window, open an application like Calc, etc.) normally takes several seconds (!). The whole experience is terrible.

"Sluggish" is too kind a word for this device - it's completely unusable.

So I'm back on my trusty BBerry Curve. I'll probably give the Storm a try once a newer firmware is available (many of the initial reviews complain about frequent crashes, and that's not something I want to deal with).

No comments: