Thursday, April 17, 2008

RANT

That's right, I'm patriotic - no matter who it upsets. I was reading about OLPC, a great initiative - but don't developing areas need things like stable power grids, clean water, sewers and no fear from civil war? It reminds me of Ferris Beuller, "I asked for a car and got a computer". I asked for a clean drink of water and got a computer.

I'm of the opinion that as Americans, we have the responsibility to take care of the United States first and then we can go out and help others. How can you tell others what to do when your own house isn't in order?

Technology is great, I've made a career out of it. However the only way I made it this far is because I had a good education. Why should living in a different county in a state make a difference on the quality of education. My 2 cents is that here in the United States, we need to look in the mirror and see what is wrong with our country and stop being politically correct about it.

Nobody is guaranteed anything other than life, liberty and the persuit of happiness. Pursuit of happiness doesn't mean you are happy - wealthy and wise...

Black, white, Hispanic, whatever other races you can think of - look first to yourself for help, leave the government out of it. The government will make sure the country is safe and can trade, you need to make sure you get a job and take responsibility for your actions.

No comments: